[Zope-DB] Loading an image in zope

Cliff Ford Cliff.Ford at ed.ac.uk
Wed Mar 16 03:05:59 EST 2005

Your question is a bit too vague for a precise answer. What database are
you referring to - it could be the ZODB (Zopes own object database), an
external relational database that you are trying to get images into and
out of (like Oracle, Postgres or MySQL) or just a collection of images
stored as files? Are you stuck trying to upload an image to Zope, or
displaying an image in a web page?

If the images are in the ZODB you use a standard img tag for display. If
the images are elsewhere you need a script to get the image for display,
either from a relational database or the file system. There are also
products for managing images.

Cliff