[Zope-DB] Python Script / ZSQL

Infor Gates info_gates at yahoo.com
Tue May 10 21:24:36 EDT 2005

Hello Zopist

I am new and try to learn python script with ZSQL in
Zope. I have read the Zope Book. However, most of them
are in DTML and very few on python script. I have a
little knowledge on Zope and SQL but am lost in trying
to see the whole picture of zope/pythonscript/zsql.

I have a simple database record of person details.

I used a simple insertZSQL statement:
INSERT INTO person
(
  p_givenname, p_familyname,
  p_datebirth, p_sex )
VALUES (
 <dtml-sqlvar p_givenname   type="string">
 <dtml-sqlvar p_familyname  type="string">
 <dtml-sqlvar p_datebirth   type="string">
 <dtml-sqlvar p_sex         type="string">
  );

In DTML script:
<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('p_givenname','Ian')">
<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('p_familyname','Gates')">
<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('p_datebirth','22-10-56')">
<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('p_sex','Male')">
<dtml-call insertZSQL>

How can I do something similar in python script?

Can anyone point me to an example? Very much
appreciated.

Thank you.