[Zope-DB] DCoracle2 - truncates UTF-8 string with national characters

Maciej Wiśniowski maciej.wisniowski at coig.katowice.pl
Mon May 23 08:54:44 EDT 2005

Hi!

We're using DCOracle2 with Zope. On the client machine I've
NLS_LANG = polish_poland.UTF8.

The problem appears when I'have 30 characters long column in database,
and the text stored in this column contains national characters and is full
length (30 characters).
When I'm trying to execute select from this column in TOAD, sqlplus etc.
everything is OK (even on client machine), but when I'm executing select
from DCOracle it truncates the results to 30 characters considering one
national characters as two!
So if I have string with 2 national characters, the result from DCOracle2
is in fact 28 characters long, three national characters in string and only
27 characters in result...

Any ideas?? Is it possible to change something in DCOracle source
code to correct this? If so maybe somebody knows where?

--
Maciej Wisniowski