[Zope-DB] Closing idle DCoracle2 Connections?

Germer, Carsten carsten.germer at desy.de
Thu Oct 20 05:16:46 EDT 2005

Hello everyone,

As we start to use our zope-Ora connection more frequently our database
administrator complains that he sees a lot of idle conections.

I know theres "connection.close()" in DCOra2 but does anyone know of a
way to autmatically close a DCOra within Zope when idle soandso long? Or
any other way to adress such a problem?

I know that I wouldn't want the connection being closed from Oracles
side as I have read in the mailinglist that DCOracle would still think
the connection is open and generate an error.

Our Specs atm:
 Oracle version strings:
    * TNS for Solaris: : 9.2.0.5.0 (Production)
    * PL/SQL : 9.2.0.5.0 (Production)
    * NLSRTL : 9.2.0.5.0 (Production)
    * Oracle9i Enterprise Edition : 9.2.0.5.0 (Production)
    * DCOracle2: (cvs release) -- DCOracle2 1.103 (dco2: 1.137
-DORACLE8i -DORACLE9i -DUSEOBJECT -Dlinux -DNATIVENUMERIC=1 -D_REENTRANT
)

Thanks in Advance /Carsten