[Zope-DB] MySQL

Michele Marcionelli michele.marcionelli at math.ethz.ch
Fri Oct 21 06:31:33 EDT 2005

Ciao Dario,

> I want to use MySQL in my Zope Installation.
> But I'm not able to install software (I don't really understand what
> shall I use and what shall I do...) I'm using
> Zope: 2.8.1
> MySQL 4.1
> Windows XP

You have to install "MySQL for Python":
	http://sourceforge.net/projects/mysql-python

Copy the "ZMySQLDA" Zope Product in your Protucts-folder:
	http://www.zope.org/Members/adustman/Products/ZMySQLDA

Restart zope.

Log in as manager in the ZMI and add a "Z MySQL Database Connection"
with the correspondig info of your server.
After that you can use the "SQL Method" to query your MySQL server via
the "Z MySQL Database Connection".

Cheers,
Michele

--
michele.marcionelli at math.ethz.ch / phone: +41 44 632 6193
eth zentrum / hg g 14 / raemistrasse 101 - ch-8092 zurich

!DSPAM:4358c39817241410093335!