[Zope-DB] Dynamic content in Zope

Charlie Clark charlie at egenix.com
Tue Oct 25 07:41:52 EDT 2005

On 25.10.05 at 13:29:04 [+0200], Gergana Silvanova
<gergana_silvanova at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have one "select" field, and depending on my
> selection, I want to display an "input" field or
> another "select" field, next to it.
>
> Is there a way to do this in Zope?
>
> In general, I think that DTML does not give you much
> freedom to have dynamic content.

Gergana,

first of all I suggest using ZPT instead of DTML. You might then do
something like
<block tal:condition="python: test(mytest(), 1, 0)">
<select>
<option></option>
</select>
</block>

This will work in very simple situations. For more complex situations you
will probably want to break your logic (here the "test") into a
PythonScript and you might want to look at using Macros for reusing this
element in different templates.

Charlie

--
Charlie Clark