[Zope-DB] Re: ZSQL + MySQL + sqltest + list

Wolfram Kraus kraus at hagen-partner.de
Wed Apr 5 06:50:46 EDT 2006

Matthew Fairclough wrote:
>> What is the exact error? Please show us the complete traceback from
>> the error.log and the complete ZSQL-Method, please.
>

> Many thanks.  Full query is:
>
> select * from category  where <dtml-sqltest clientAssocList
> column="clientID" type=int multiple>
>
> Arguments in ZSQL method are: clientID=0 qID=0 clientAssocList=0
> qList=0
>
> Entry in test page is: ClientAssocList: 4,5,6 (all others at default)

Ah, you do this from the test-tab of the ZSQL-Method? This is bad,
because every input there is treated as a string (especially if there
are "," in it)
Just write a simple Python-script in the same folder to test the
ZSQL-Method:

# See if the query is rendered correct:
print context.yourZSQLMethodName(clientAssocList=[4,5,6],src__=1)
print context.yourZSQLMethodName(clientAssocList=[4,5,6]).dictionaries()
return printed

> Result is: -- Error, exceptions.ValueError: Invalid integer value for
> clientAssocList
>  SQL used:
>
> Could not render the query template! --
>
> Does the same thing regardless of input if more than one integer.  I
> need ClientAssocList to be a list of integers.  I don't think it is
> an SQL or MySQL issue- but an issue with the ZSQL Method.
>
> Assistance much appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> -- Matthew Fairclough

HTH,