[Zope-DB] Help request from a non-developer

Christophe Appell butchfag at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 06:12:11 EDT 2006

On 4/14/06, Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com> wrote:
> > In this case _everything_ is currently in the ZoDB and I want to be
> > able to protect some of the data.
> "protect"?

Meaning I wish to ensure that client-entered data cannot be easily
stepped on by the developer.

> > I am in no way attempting to impose
> > a database choice, there is no reason in particular in this case that
> > pushes us to use an RDBMS. In fact another hypothesis I had thought
> > about was setting up a ZEO server to abstract the data, perhaps this
> > is a better route ?
> "abstract"?

Here I am using abstract to mean separate from, distinct. My goal is
simply to ensure the code for the site is kept separately from the
client-entered data so that the code can be updated and replaced
without touching the client data.

Does that make sense ?

Christopher Appell