[Zope-DB] dealing with dropped database connections

Seth Gottlieb sgottlieb at optaros.com
Wed Jan 18 09:23:27 EST 2006

You might also consider using SQLRelay.  I wrote some blog posts talking
about connecting to a relational database.  There might be some useful
information there:

http://contenthere.blogspot.com/2005/12/zoracle-part-i-problem.html
http://contenthere.blogspot.com/2005/12/zoracle-part-ii-solution.html
http://contenthere.blogspot.com/2005/12/zoracle-part-iii-connecting-zope-to.html

The last of the series might be the most relevant.

--Seth

martin f krafft wrote:

>also sprach Charlie Clark <charlie at egenix.com> [2006.01.18.1451 +0100]:
>

>>This problem is common to all ZopeDA's connected to network data
>>sources.  You might want to try using our mxODBCZopeDA with the option
>>"Connect on demand" which often helps in these situations.
>>

>Interesting pointer, thanks a lot!
>
>I wonder how this product determines that a stalled connection
>cannot fulfill a demand.
>

>>However, a lot depends on how your data source and driver are
>>configured as the "stale" connection is often serialised even
>>though it has been lost.
>>

>I am not sure what you mean with that. Most transactions are
>serialised by default these days. I don't understand what that has
>to do with stalled connections.
>
>But you did write serialised *connections*. What are those?

Seth Gottlieb
Optaros, Inc.
60 Canal Street
Boston, MA 02114