[Zope-DB] dealing with dropped database connections

Maciej Wisniowski maciej.wisniowski at coig.katowice.pl
Sun Jan 22 16:15:10 EST 2006

 > These are very interesting. However, with SQLRelay, I am still bound
 > to use SQLRelayDA for Zope, and as Charlie postulated that stale
 > database connections are in part due to Zope's DA framework,
 > I wonder how using SQLRelay would address the problem; if the
 > connection to the SQLRelay server is lost, Zope would similarly hang

> itself up, wouldn't it?

With SQLRelay you have SQLRelay client (in this case Zope DA),
that connects to SQLRelay listener that is connected to database.
When the network connection to the database is broken then
listener becomes disconnected, but when you have some queries
from the client (Zope DA) then those reach SQLRelay listener
and become hung (in wait state) till connection becomes operational
again (im not sure but this may cause all zope threads to be busy
and Zope won't be responding). There were some questions about this
recently on sqlrelay-discussion.

-
Maciej Wisniowski