[Zope-DB] Zope, DCOracle2, concurrent transactions, etc.

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue May 2 02:20:39 EDT 2006

Michael Mauws wrote:
> For better or for worse, I can live with the situation I've just
> described. However, the problem I'm having is that it's not just the
> "update request" that hangs. Rather, it's the whole Zope that hangs
> until this one request has been satisfied.

Are you _sure_ your other requests aren't relying on something locked by
this process?

I'd suggest a couple of things:

- there's a product out there called DeadlockDebugger for Zope which can
help you find out where the other requests are getting stuck

- find some of those new fangled Oracle tools (you know, the ones you
pay inordinate amounts of money for an that are riddled with critical
security vulnerabilities ;-) and see if you can figure out what's going
on from the oracle end of things

good luck!

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk