[Zope-DB] free database adapters ,...

Jaroslav Lukesh lukesh at seznam.cz
Sun Oct 1 17:01:19 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Withers" <chris at simplistix.co.uk>
>> Are there
>> any database adapters and drivers that are free for connecting Zope with
>> MS*SQL server and MSDE?
>
> Don't be a numpty, mxODBC is the best there is...
>
> Pay for it, it's really very cheap for what it is!

Totally free and the best solution I was find for MS*SQL is to use Sybase
(for linux is free) and zope ms*sql database adaptor product from
object-craft.com. I was not try mxODBC, because mx does not send me trial
licence.

There are more ways, using rudiments, TDS, socket servrer... But sybase and
object-craft works well for 2 years in multiuser heavy read-write web
application.

Regards, JL.