[Zope-DB] Re: Zope database connectivity

Maciej Wisniowski maciej.wisniowski at coig.katowice.pl
Mon Oct 9 07:15:33 EDT 2006

>> I used this, and finally I have DCOracle2 with connection pool, without
>> volatile attributes (I didn't changed implementation of stored
>> procedures yet),
>> with ability to reconnect after things like DB restart and with REAL
>> ability to
>> open/close connections from ZMI.
>
> Did anyone try SQL Relay as a bridge? They say "When using SQL Relay,
> the database can be bounced without having to restart Zope"
I tried this. It works, but possible problem
with volatile attributes persists - it is specific to
Zope Database Adapters, and SQLRelay adapter
uses '_v_' attributes too.

Issue with 'reconnect' behaviour of SQLRelay may
be that your Zope instance will appear 'hanged'
when database is not running (or something like that)
because Zope threads will be waiting for DB response.
AFAIR there is no timeout for SQLRelay (sometimes
it is good, sometimes not). Another question
is what happens with transactions integrity
in this situation.

--
Maciej Wisniowski