[Zope-DB] Archetype Storage

Dennis Schulz D.Schulz81 at gmx.net
Tue Oct 10 11:36:58 EDT 2006

Hello List,

I looked at the SQLStorage package that is part of Archtypes, but found out that Archetypes objects stored through SQLStorage still have a presence in the ZODB, which means it's not a solution if you totally want to get rid of Data.fs bloat. (It is also the policy and requirement in our company to have everything in outsourced in the MySQLDB and I can't change this)

I am looking for a way of using the Archetype Content Object only as the View (presentation layer) for easy rendering of the forms and mapping them directly to a relational database without any interference of the ZODB.

Is it possible to modify an Archetype that it looks up the content items completly in the relational database and not first in the zope DB (that maps to the rel. database like in SQLStorage)?
I don't see a reason why one should store the same object 2 times in the ZODB and MySQL.

Any help and hint will be appreciated, Thank you very much!

Regards, Dennis