[Zope-DB] total- variables does not work with MySQL 5.x

Charlie Clark charlie at egenix.com
Thu Aug 30 04:49:56 EDT 2007

Am 30.08.2007, 09:08 Uhr, schrieb Lukas Zapletal
<lukas.zapletal at gmail.com>:

> Hello,
> I have a problem with "total-*" variables when suming results from
> MySQL 5.x. It does not work with monetary (float) numbers - only with
> integers. When trying to sum floats it cointanins nulls. IMHO the
> reason is in a driver because it probably do not convert numbers in
> national currency format (some countries, e.g. mine, do not use dot as
> separator). The problem is that the driver is outdated and old.

> Is there a fixaround? How could I for example convert the numbers
> explicitely? Or how do I ovverride the behaviour of the code that is
> responsible for the sumarizing?

I'm not familiar with this part of MySQL but if a conversion is required
then you will probably need to access Python's locale functions in which
case you can't use ZSQL that easily. I don't reckon the driver is broken
but you're better off asking the question on the Mysqldb list.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
eGenix.com