[Zope-DB] compiling dco2.c with Oracle 10g using mingw on Windows XP - interesting errror

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Dec 7 13:57:34 EST 2007

Maan M. Hamze wrote at 2007-12-5 18:32 -0600:
>I compiled dco2.c on Solaris 9 with Oracle 9i and Oracle 10g with no
>problems.
>On Windows XP, compiling dco2.c with Oracle9i is fine.
>
>With Oracle 10g on Windows XP (using Mingw C compiler), I ran into following
>errors:
>#####################
>In file included from C:/oracle/ora10/oci/include/oci.h:394,
>                 from dco2.c:109:
>C:/oracle/ora10/oci/include/oratypes.h:97: error: syntax error before
>"oraub8"

As you can see, the compiler complains about things in the
Oracle header files -- not in DCOracle2 itself.

While it is possible that the caller is responsible,
you should start to investigate in the Oracle header files.

I is well possible that the Oracle headers no require the called
to include an additional header and that DCO2 does not know yet.

--
Dieter