[Zope-DB] Please help me

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Feb 14 17:28:31 EST 2007

Nguyen Viet Minh Quang wrote at 2007-2-14 04:52 +0700:
>I would like to develop a new product running on Plone that can get data
>from relational databases (SQL Server and Oracle). I know also to connect to
>relational databases to install driver adapter.
>
>Yes, I found some driver adapter as ZODBCDA, pymssql, mxODBC (not free) and

I fear the best approach is to use the commercial "ZmxODBCDA" and
carefully follow the installation instructions.

Before you pay, you can install it on a (limited) trial base.

Once, you have successfully managed "ZmxODBCDA", you
may rething whether you pay the (reasonable, as I have been told) fees
for "mxODBC" or try again with "pymssql" (for access to
the MS SQL server) or "cxOracle".(for access to Oracle).

The "ZODBCDA" is no longer reliably maintained (at least as far as I know).

--
Dieter