[Zope-DB] Please help me about driver adapter

Nguyen Viet Minh Quang nvmquang at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 07:01:26 EST 2007

Dear Robert,

Thanks a lot.

For pymssql, I installed it follow the instruction, however it's not
working.

I can't create a new connection because in "Add" drop-down It's no exist. I
don't know why.

Pymssql use for SQL Server, no MySQL.

By the way, I'm using mxODBC but I don't like because it's not free.
Actually, I would like to use pymssql but It is still a problem with me.

I read this book that you said, however it isn't to help me more.

If you know about it. Please help me.

Best regards,
Minh Quang

On 2/16/07, robert rottermann <robert at redcor.ch> wrote:

> I do not think any one of us can help you unless you tell us what
> exactly your problem with installing pymssql ist.
> by the way: do you mean MySQLdb?
>
> there is very good  documentation on using Z SQL in the zope book:
> http://www.plope.com/Books/2_7Edition/RelationalDatabases.stx
>
> there you find examples how to use a query with like.
> robert
>
> Nguyen Viet Minh Quang wrote:
> > Dear Dieter and All,
> >
> > Thank you for your mail.
> >
> > I have now a trial version of mxODBC. However I don't really like it
> > because it's not free. I would like to use pymssql and another one,
> > although I try to install it more times but it's not working. Can you
> > help me to install it?
> >
> > Moreover,  I'm testing my product with mxODBC. I have a problem about
> > query. I want to use keyword 'LIKE' and '%' inside SQL query but I
> > don't know how to do it. In the current, I use dtml-sqlvar and
> > dtml-sqltest to do it. Do you know about my problem and can help me to
> > solve it?
> >
> > Further, How can I format the text to get from database, about HTML tag?
> >
> > Thank you for your help.
> >
> > Best regards,

Nguyen Viet Minh Quang
Thua Thien Hue Center of Information Tecnology - HueCIT
Hue Software Center - Huesoft
Address:    06 Le Loi street, Hue city, Vietnam
Work Tel:   (84-54) 824141 - Ext 13
Cellphone:  0914 173 117
Website:    www.huecit.com.vn