[Zope-DB] [Zope] ZSQL Methods and transaction control

Charlie Clark charlie at egenix.com
Wed Jan 10 07:30:37 EST 2007

Am 10.01.2007, 13:16 Uhr, schrieb robert rottermann <robert at redcor.ch>:

> thanks charlie,
> so that means, that the _commit and _abort methods are only for zope's
> transaction controll.

Yes, and with good reason.

> do you have a suggestion how then to start/commit a transaction from
> within a ZSQL method (or ZMySQLdb)

Well, if you check last week's archives, you'll notice a very similar
question came up. We suggest using the our mxODBC ZopeDA with an
ExternalMethod for this kind of thing as it gives you a lot more control
and allows you to work outside the restrictions on ZSQL which, good as it
is, isn't suitable for this.

Charlie