[Zope-DB] Reference DTML-sqlvar in ZPT?

Charlie Clark charlie at egenix.com
Mon Jul 30 13:00:41 EDT 2007

Am 30.07.2007, 18:55 Uhr, schrieb Richard Flaaten <richard at flaaten.com>:

> Dear list,
> I have a ZPT that lists results from a Z SQL Method. It has one argument:
> "dropdown-department". Everything works fine, except I cannot find a way
> to include the passed SQL argument as a string in the ZPT document!

> To explain it in another way, a user selects a value from a drop-down
> list. This value is passed to a Z SQL Method. My ZPT displays these
> results, and I need to include the passed value (DTML-sqlvar) in a
> heading
> in the ZPT.

Neither explanation is particularly helpful but it sound like you're
trying to do something you shouldn't!

You if you are wishing to call a ZSQL method and pass in a parameter from
your template this is done using a Python expression:

tal:content="python: mySQLMethod(SQLvar=ZPTvar)"...

You can pass variables into a PageTemplate using the options dictionary.

You might want to look at my presentation (with sample code) which touches
on Zope and RDBMS.

http://www.egenix.com/library/presentations/EuroPython2007-Zope-and-RDBMS/

Charlie

--