[Zope-DB] Re: Unable to fix a POSKeyError

Ben Lobo ben.lobo at hobointernet.com
Mon May 21 08:09:06 EDT 2007

"Dieter Maurer" <dieter at handshake.de> wrote in message
news:18000.40200.346809.267362 at gargle.gargle.HOWL...
> Ben Lobo wrote at 2007-5-18 17:33 +0100:
> >I'm getting a POSKeyError when I try to access a particular file in a
Plone
> >site within the ZMI (see error report at
> >http://hobointernet.com/POSKeyError.htm).
>
> You replace this file by a new object using an interative Python
interpreter:

>     container._setOb(idOfBrokenObject, someNewObject)
>
> After that, you can delete the broken object
>
>     container._delObject(idOfBrokenObject)
>
> and commit.
>
> --
> Dieter

Thanks Dieter.

I wasn't too sure how to go about doing this as I'm running Plone on Windows
so I don't think zopectl works (which I believe is what would normally be
used in this situation on linux). So for anyone else with the same problem
in the future, I downloaded PloneShell -
http://plone.org/products/ploneshell - and then used Dieter's suggestions
above and then committed the changes with:

    get_transaction().commit()

Cheers

Ben