[Zope-DB] FileMaker with Zope

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue May 22 13:49:18 EDT 2007

David Daniel Estévez Durey wrote at 2007-5-22 13:54 +0100:
>I'm trying to connect FileMaker with Zope through ODBC, but I'm not
>sure if I could do this for free, without buying any driver or
>software. Can anyone explain to me how to do it or if it isn't
>possible?

To access any database via ODBC, you need an ODBC driver for this
database.

Usually, you also need an ODBC manager (one comes with Windows, I assume).

Finally, you need a Python-ODBC bridge and a Zope database adapter.
I think, under Windows, the ActiveState Python comes with a
Python-ODBC bridge.

There used to be a "ZODBCDA" database adapter as Zope product.
However, maintenance by "zope.com" stopped and some interested
people took it over. Maybe, you try to search for it.
Or you pay the XXX Euro and buy the eGenix "mxZODBDA", as suggested
by Andreas.

--
Dieter