[Zope-DB] passing multiple variables via the url string

onsombal onsombal at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 1 18:03:31 EDT 2007

I'm attempting to pass multiple variables via the url string.  field1 &
field2 are form variables to be passed on a redirect.

    field1 = 'foo'
    field2 = 'bar'

For the command below, I do not get a python syntax error unless I remove
the "+" symbols:

    return
container.absolute_url()+'/my-documents/?field1='+field1&'field2='+field2

Executing the command returns the following error:

    "unsupported operand type(s) for &: 'str' and 'str'"

The "&"symbol from all my research should separate the variables.  Does Zope
use some other symbol?

I can successfully pass either field1 or field2 using the same command with
only one variable:

    return container.absolute_url()+'/my-documents/?field1='+field1

Thanks... Jim