[Zope-DB] Help me.

robert rottermann robert at redcor.ch
Tue Mar 11 11:29:48 EDT 2008

Cu Vinh Loc schrieb:
>   Dear friends,
>
>   I am using plone for deploying the website, but I have some problems
> such as:
>    - Using relational (internal) database "Gadfly database": I do not know
> where the database is stored in the Zope. Can I manipulate directly
> this database "visual"?
>    - Users and groups: How to assign this permissions to my website.
>
>   Could you show me how to implement that easily.
>
>   Cheers,
>   Cu Vinh Loc.

gadfly is stored in the var directory of your zope instance.
however I belive it is not supported anymore.

user and groups:
in your instance go to confiration  (using your browser to access a
running plone).
there you find users ang groups.

for every object (a document, a folder) you can define who (what
user/group) has what permission. this you do using the sharing tab.

robert