[Zope-DB] zope version conflict when using buildout

robert rottermann robert at redcor.ch
Thu Jan 8 01:05:43 EST 2009

when I run buildout, I get the following version conflict error.
this same buildout used to work without problem some weeks before.

zope at salice:~/poellinger> bin/buildout
Updating plone.
Updating zope2.
Updating fake eggs
Updating productdistros.
Installing instance.
Download error: unknown url type: svn -- Some packages may not be found!
While:
  Installing instance.
Error: There is a version conflict.
We already have: ZODB3 0.0
but zope.index 3.5.0 requires 'ZODB3>=3.8.0b1'.

how can I fix this?
thanks
robert

my buildout.cfg is following:

[buildout]
extensions = buildout.eggtractor
tractor-src-directory = src
tractor-target-parts = instance
parts =
    plone
    zope2
    productdistros
    instance
    zopepy

# Add additional egg download sources here. dist.plone.org contains archives
# of Plone packages.
find-links =
    http://dist.plone.org
    http://download.zope.org/ppix/
    http://download.zope.org/distribution/
    http://effbot.org/downloads

# Add additional eggs here
# elementtree is required by Plone
eggs =
    elementtree
    Products.Poi
    borg.project
    Products.LinguaPlone
    collective.dancing
    Products.Ploneboard

# Reference any eggs you are developing here, one per line
# e.g.: develop = src/my.package
develop =

[plone]
recipe = plone.recipe.plone>=3.1.1,<3.2dev

[zope2]
recipe = plone.recipe.zope2install
url = ${plone:zope2-url}
fake-zope-eggs = true
additional-fake-eggs = ZODB3
skip-fake-eggs =
    zope.testing
    zope.component
    zope.i18n
    zope.sendmail

# Use this section to download additional old-style products.
# List any number of URLs for product tarballs under URLs (separate
# with whitespace, or break over several lines, with subsequent lines
# indented). If any archives contain several products inside a top-level
# directory, list the archive file name (i.e. the last part of the URL,
# normally with a .tar.gz suffix or similar) under 'nested-packages'.
# If any archives extract to a product directory with a version suffix, list
# the archive name under 'version-suffix-packages'.
[productdistros]
recipe = plone.recipe.distros
urls =
nested-packages =
version-suffix-packages =

[instance]
recipe = plone.recipe.zope2instance
zope2-location = ${zope2:location}
user = admin:admin
http-address = 8110
#debug-mode = on
#verbose-security = on

# If you want Zope to know about any additional eggs, list them here.
# This should include any development eggs you listed in develop-eggs above,
# e.g. eggs = ${buildout:eggs} ${plone:eggs} my.package
eggs =
    ${buildout:eggs}
    ${plone:eggs}

# If you want to register ZCML slugs for any packages, list them here.
# e.g. zcml = my.package my.other.package
zcml =
    Products.Poi
    borg.project
    Products.LinguaPlone
    collective.dancing
    Products.Ploneboard

products =
    ${buildout:directory}/products
    ${productdistros:location}
    ${plone:products}

[zopepy]
recipe = zc.recipe.egg
eggs = ${instance:eggs}
interpreter = zopepy
extra-paths = ${zope2:location}/lib/python
scripts = zopepy