[Zope-DB] ZSQL Question - Insert multiple rows in one statement?

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Wed Aug 25 02:19:21 EDT 2010

2010/8/25 Jaroslav Lukesh <lukesh at seznam.cz>

> ----- Puvodní zpráva ----- Od: "Andreas Jung" <lists at zopyx.com>

>> I would assume that you can use DTML-IN for looping and generating
>> multiple SQL statements of the same kind. You have to ensure that
>> the statements having a proper delimiter (there was something in DTML?!
>> DTML-SQLDELIMITER?...no idea, you need to checks the docs of this
>> ancient technology).
>>

> DTML is mature, not ancient. For ZSQL is DTML the best one.

For ZSQL methods perhaps - fortunately we moved on and we are having
higher-level
solutions like ORMs for implementing SQL connectivity in a more clean way.
Of course, use SQL and ZSQL methods if you need to...but from the
prospective
of software architecture we have better solutions in our toolbox.

> Did you try to make many small dynamic javascript in one page with ZPT?
> Yeah, python scripts calling, instead of placing small dtml code into
> javascript in page...
>
> ZPT is more academic platform, than for everyday usage.

Truly  nonsense.  ZPT is the adopted solution in the Zope universe for doing
templating - for a variety of reasons
(e.g. support for unicode, ZPT is maintained - DTML has not seen any changes
and fixes lately).

-aj