[Zope-DB] Zope_Database_issue

smita kamdar smita.kamdar00 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 02:29:39 EST 2010

HI,

I started zope from shell i.e. by using the following command –

bin/zopectl fg

& it showed me the following error log:

*/opt/zope/bin/runzope -X debug-mode=on*

*2010-11-18 17:39:01 INFO ZServer HTTP server started at Thu Nov 18 17:39:01
2010*

*        Hostname: 0.0.0.0*

*        Port: 8080*

*2010-11-18 17:39:01 ERROR Application Could not import Products.ZPsycopgDA
 *

*Traceback (most recent call last):*

*  File "/opt/zope/lib/python/OFS/Application.py", line 709, in
import_product*

*    product=__import__(pname, global_dict, global_dict, silly)*

*  File "/opt/zope/lib/python/Products/ZPsycopgDA/__init__.py", line 92, in?
*

*    import DA*

*  File "/opt/zope/lib/python/Products/ZPsycopgDA/DA.py", line 94, in?*

*    from db import DB*

*  File "/opt/zope/lib/python/Products/ZPsycopgDA/db.py", line 99, in?*

*    import psycopg*

*ImportError: libpq.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory*

*Traceback (most recent call last):*

*  File "/opt/zope/lib/python/Zope2/Startup/run.py", line 56, in ?*

*    run()*

*  File "/opt/zope/lib/python/Zope2/Startup/run.py", line 21, in run*

*    starter.prepare()*

*  File "/opt/zope/lib/python/Zope2/Startup/__init__.py", line 109, in
prepare*

*    self.startZope()*

*  File "/opt/zope/lib/python/Zope2/Startup/__init__.py", line 300, in
startZope*

*    Zope2.startup()*

*  File "/opt/zope/lib/python/Zope2/__init__.py", line 47, in startup*

*    _startup()*

*  File "/opt/zope/lib/python/Zope2/App/startup.py", line 51, in startup*

*    OFS.Application.import_products()*

*  File "/opt/zope/lib/python/OFS/Application.py", line 686, in
import_products*

*    import_product(product_dir, product_name, raise_exc=debug_mode)*

*  File "/opt/zope/lib/python/OFS/Application.py", line 709, in
import_product*

*    product=__import__(pname, global_dict, global_dict, silly)*

*  File "/opt/zope/lib/python/Products/ZPsycopgDA/__init__.py", line 92, in
?*

*    import DA*

*  File "/opt/zope/lib/python/Products/ZPsycopgDA/DA.py", line 94, in ?*

*    from db import DB*

*  File "/opt/zope/lib/python/Products/ZPsycopgDA/db.py", line 99, in ?*

*    import psycopg*

*ImportError: libpq.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory*

* *

I am not able to understand from the above log what is going wrong with
ZPsycopgDA.

Can some one please guide me as to what is going wrong with it??

What do I need to do to solve this?

May be because of this error, I am not able to get the option ‘Add ZPsycopg
Database Connection’ in Add drop-down box of ZMI.

Any help from you will be appreciated!

I urgently need help on this!

Thanks a lot!!!!

Regards,