[Zope-dev] RE: [Zope] RE: No Access file found.

Chris Larson clarson@changeling.com
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 14:15:57 -0500

On 4/6/99 2:03 PM , Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com said:

>> OK. Allow me to clarify. Is there any way to redirect the path for the
>> 'access' path when it should be somewhere other than INSTANCE_HOME? Say,
>> for example, I have multiple instances of Zope databases, with one Zope
>> install, and I want to use a single superuser, or access  file. Not what
>> Im' doing, but closer to a mebbe-real-world use. As far as I can tell,
>> Zope wants 'access'  located at '../INSTANCE_HOME'. Any ideas? Or am I
>> just wrong (And/Or, that is).

>'fraid to tell ya that INSTANCE_HOME is hard wired into the code.  We're
>not likely to change that lest we want to get the 'evil eye of Jim'.
>But seriously, it is a pretty good idea to have something like this in
>one place, for us at least, not you.
>
>I cannot therefore recommend that you modify your Zope.  I also cannot
>recommend that you would modify it in lib/python/AccessControl/User.py
>in the Super class around line 270 or so.

Michel,

Oh, I wouldn't dream of replacing 'INSTANCE_HOME' on line 270 in
lib/python/AccessControl/User.py with my path to 'access'. Actually, more
elegantly, where exactly wouldn't I dream of changing the acquisition of
PATHs from pcgi (or the Zope.cgi file). Say, if I were careful not to add
a new variable to the Zope.cgi file containing the path to 'access',
where would I avoid telling Zope to use that new variable.

(Actually, a coupla whacks to my head and a 'dig for it, peon' would
probably be the answer I deserve.)

And thanks,

Chris