[Zope-dev] Structured Text and tables.

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 22:22:41 -0400 (EDT)

Zopistas

Reading through the source of the latest version I found a bug. If a
paragraph is a list item and ends with 'example:' or '::' then the
enclosing paragraph is not rendered as example code. (If you render the
module's __doc__ string the bug should be apparent). I fixed it in the
obvious and inefficient way.

Additionaly I added support for simple tables. From the doc string:

- A paragraph that has blocks of text enclosed in '||' is treated as a
  table. The text blocks correspond to table cells and table rows are
  denoted by newlines. By default the cells are center aligned. A cell
  can span more than one column by preceding a block of text with an
  equivalent number of cell separators '||'. Newlines and '|' cannot
  be a part of the cell text. For example:

      |||| **Ingredients** ||
      || *Name* || *Amount* ||
      ||Spam||10||
      ||Eggs||3||

  is interpreted as::

    <TABLE BORDER=1 CELLPADDING=2>
     <TR>
      <TD ALIGN=CENTER COLSPAN=2> <strong>Ingredients</strong> </TD>
     </TR>
     <TR>
      <TD ALIGN=CENTER COLSPAN=1> <em>Name</em> </TD>
      <TD ALIGN=CENTER COLSPAN=1> <em>Amount</em> </TD>
     </TR>
     <TR>
      <TD ALIGN=CENTER COLSPAN=1>Spam</TD>
      <TD ALIGN=CENTER COLSPAN=1>10</TD>
     </TR>
     <TR>
      <TD ALIGN=CENTER COLSPAN=1>Eggs</TD>
      <TD ALIGN=CENTER COLSPAN=1>3</TD>
     </TR>
    </TABLE>

You can download the new version of StructuredText.py that includes
support for simple tables from:

http://www.gaaros.com:9673/FAQ/StructuredText

Enjoy

Pavlos