[Zope-dev] webdav: how?

David Ascher da@ski.org
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 16:30:01 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

I'd like to play with webdav/zserver as a way to manage my zope site
locally (I can't play with the webdav server that DC has set up because of
a bug in our firewall).

I got the latest CVS version, which has a webdav directory, but IE doesn't
seem happy with it (refuses to see the zope site as a web folder).  I'm
running the latest published ZServer.

I've tried Greg Stein's davtest.py with it, and I get reasonable output if
I give "anonymous" enough permissions (Greg, can one use authenticated
URLs w/ davtest?  (http://user:pass@site).  davtest creates some files,
etc.  With IE5, however, I get nothing -- it always wants to give me the
"default view". (is there a way to get a log of the interactions between
IE and ZServer?)

[The firewall shouldn't be involved if I have configured IE the way I
think I have, but who knows...]

--david ascher