[Zope-dev] RE: RE: [Zope-dev] Debugging woes...

Brian Brown brian@sis-inc.com
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 15:54:28 -0600

 <613145f79272d211914b0020aff6401914dad-@gandalf.digicool.com> wrote:
Original Article: http://www.egroups.com/list/zope/?start=4326
> > On April 19th I posted a problem try to get the ZOracleDA working,
and
> > am continuing to troubleshoot - I am running the Zope Debugger via the
> > following script:

[crunch]

> I started out using the -u switch, but it doesn't seem to make any
> difference. I just realized, however - that I don't have any "real" Zope
> users, only the one in the access file.... I'll try that and let you
> know!

> Thanks for replying!

Well, I added a real Zope user and it didn't help. I cannot seem to
access *any* methods, like index_html for example. Anything that has a
valid path gives a 401 Unauthorized error, anything that doesn't have a
valid path give me an object not found.

I'm not sure if it is pertinent, but I have Zope set up with apache so
that root folder has no name - http://some.box.com/ runs the pcgi
wrapper script. I noticed in the Zope Debugger doc that the syntax was
"contaniner/method", but when I try to call a method in a folder of the
root level, (Reports/index_html) it is always "not found". I'm sure I'm
not understanding how to reference the methods correctly, but I'm at a
loss....

> Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
> Software Engineer  540.371.6909
> Digital Creations  http://www.digicool.com