[Zope-dev] Does ZServer support persistant TCP connections? Does it close them?

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 15:55:24 -0400

I just filed a collector bug on IE5 hanging with Zope 2.0b1.

Based on how it hangs, I'm beginning to think that IE5 might be
expecting Zserver  to support persistant connections, and either Zserver
doesn't, or it closes it's end after some idle time limit that is much lower
than IE5 expects... Or it loses track of an idle tcp connection until
kicked in the butt by a new request.

Can anyone say right away if ZServer supports persistant connections,
and if yes, what's the timeout.

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               ICQ: 14856937