[Zope-dev] ANN: ZSybaseDA 1.0.1

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 11:04:56 -0400

Greetings,

Here is the official ZSybaseDA.  Currently, the ZSybaseDA is a level 2
DA, meaning that it will work with a threaded Zope, but all transactions
with all other level 2 DAs are serialized in the transaction manager.
The ZSybaseDA REQUIRES Zope 2.0!

There are several bug fixes in this DA over the previous one (which we
didn't ever release so it doesn't matter much anyway...)

  A bug in the ctsybasemodule that caused open sybase connections to
hang around until the process died is fixed

  A bug that didn't let you re-open a manually close database connection
is fixed.

And others.  Note that the ctsybase module appears to be orphaned by
it's original maintainer, as our attempts to get ahold of him have
failed.  We will continue to extend and maintain his work by taking over
the ctsybase code until he steps back up or someone else does.  Any bug
reports or problems with the ctsybase module should be sent to
zope-dev@zope.org.  Note that although ZSybaseDA *is* an officially
supported Digital Creations product, *the ctsybase module is **not**
supported*.  It behooves us to fix bugs in it, but we cannot prioritize
it unless a customer opens a ticket with us.

Thanks.  Please consider the 1.0.1 release of the ZSybaseDA as tested
beta code.  There may be another maintenance release in the near future.

The ZSybaseDA can be found on the Zope site:

http://www.zope.org/Download/ZSybaseDA/

-Michel