[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] ANN: ZSybaseDA 1.0.1

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Tue, 03 Aug 1999 13:26:24 -0500

At 11:04 AM 8/3/99 -0400, Michel Pelletier wrote:

>Here is the official ZSybaseDA.  Currently, the ZSybaseDA is a level 2
>DA, meaning that it will work with a threaded Zope, but all transactions
>with all other level 2 DAs are serialized in the transaction manager.
>The ZSybaseDA REQUIRES Zope 2.0!

Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Level 2 mean that the adapter is
thread safe, and thus has to release the Python global interpreter lock?
I've been skimming through the new ctsybase.c and I don't see it doing this.