[Zope-dev] Cookie-Free Shopping Cart

Robin Becker robin@jessikat.demon.co.uk
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 14:31:25 +0100

In article <19990807120815.8982.qmail@hotmail.com>, Josh Zeidner
<jmz_phylogenic@hotmail.com> writes

>hello,
>
>   I just completed a simple cookie-free shopping basket product,  if anyone
>is interested in using it, let me know.  Steve Spicklemire is working on a
>similar project, using a slightly different technique for retaining session
>info from request to request( he used aquisition, I used the query string ).
>  I would tend to believe that Steve's is simpler to use than mine, mainly
>in creating links from page to page( the session id must be maintained in
>the query string ).
>
>  -Josh Zeidner

in these methods how does one tell when someone has given up and gone
away. I have a similar problem with a model creating dynamic GIFs which
have to be stored in a folder created on a per browser basis. I have
considered the session id, but I had already got a working version using
cookies. I think session ids are probably better.