[Zope-dev] Cookie-Free Shopping Cart

Jordan B. Baker jbb@spyderlab.com
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 11:00:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 9 Aug 1999, Josh Zeidner wrote:

> >Hi Josh: > >I am interested in checking out the code you are
> developing for a >cookie-free shopping cart. > >Are you planning on
> developing this into a full blown open source ecommerce >solution for
> Zope?
>
>   There has been quite a bit of talk lately about an open-source
> e-commerce solution for Zope.  Take a look at the Zope-Dev archives
> for this month( title : "The Birth of ZCommerce".
>
>   Would you be interested in contributing?

The project I am currently involved in dictates that I create some
kind of online ordering system for Zope.  Right now I'm using a SQL
database for data storage.

When this project is done I'd like to make a copy of this software and let
people run around in it to see how something like this can work, and also
to get feedback from Zope Zen masters on ways to improve things in future
projects.

>   As for the shopping cart I have to figure out how to get the distribution
> to work with external methods( does anyone know how to do this? ).

I'm not too sure I understand the question.. perhaps you can explain
further?

-------
Jordan B. Baker -- jbb@spyderlab.com
weaving the web @ http://www.spyderlab.com