[Zope-dev] replication

Joerg Wittenberger Joerg Wittenberger <Joerg.Wittenberger@pobox.com>
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 15:20:16 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I tried to find something within zope, which would allow me to
replicate, that is syncronize parts of one zope isntallation with
parts of another one.

To make it a bit clearer: I'd like to replicate a squishdot-site at
another location.  Postings at either side should appear at both (like
usenet news).  This description is a bit squishdot centric.  Id rather
like to synchronize any "synchronizable" object.  I see much more use
for it, e.g., develop some stuff at the laptop and sync with the
production server, which might have been changed meanwhile.  If
there is a reason, why this is not generally possible, I could live
with a master/slave solution, where I would install a master at one
site and mirror it at the other.

Is there already something like this in the zope world?

Thanks a lot

/Jerry