[Zope-dev] z2.py wishlist: Setting PID_FILE with command-line option

Gregor Hoffleit flight@mathi.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 23:43:05 +0200

A quick request: For packaging Zope for Debian, I need to make it
compliant to the FHS (Filesystem hierarchy standard). FHS requests
that PID and socket files to into /var/run/, log files should go into
/var/log/.

While with the log files, I can call z2.py with something like "-l
/var/log/zope/Z2.log", there's no such option for specifying the path
for the ZServer pid file (-Z is only for zProcessManager.pid).

Would this option be a reasonable addition to z2.py ? Should I file a
bug in the Collector ?

	Gregor