[Zope-dev] z2.py wishlist: Setting PID_FILE with command-line option

Anthony Pfrunder s341625@student.uq.edu.au
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 09:20:20 +1000 (GMT+1000)

On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, Gregor Hoffleit wrote:

> A quick request: For packaging Zope for Debian, I need to make it
> compliant to the FHS (Filesystem hierarchy standard). FHS requests
> that PID and socket files to into /var/run/, log files should go into
> /var/log/.

Hi!

Glad you are packaging for Debian - that was the thing I was about to look
at.  I'm the author of Zmake (a tool for building Zope & Python) and am
currently extending it to Linux.  This should allow easy cross-platform
building of extensions for Debian and the three Windows compilers (VC,
Cygwin and mingw32).

It might be good to add the DTML guides as a separate zope-doc.deb

> Would this option be a reasonable addition to z2.py ? Should I file a
> bug in the Collector ?

File as a feature but it won't go in until 2.0+ as Zope is currently under
a feature freeze

Cheers,

Anthony Pfrunder