[Zope-dev] Something doesn't seem quite right with CopySupport.py/Moniker.py

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 22:14:04 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Lloyd <Brian@digicool.com>
To: 'Kevin Dangoor' <kid@kendermedia.com>; zope-dev@zope.org
<zope-dev@zope.org>
Date: Tuesday, August 17, 1999 9:21 PM
Subject: RE: [Zope-dev] Something doesn't seem quite right with
CopySupport.py/Moniker.py

>> Is there something that I'm missing here? I didn't see any
>> big difference
>> between the management interface calling these routines and my python
>> calling them...
>
>Kevin,
>
>I _think_ the problem is that the copy/paste machinery
>really needs to be called with a REQUEST so that it can
>verify whether the copy is allowed. Try this and let me
>know if you still have problems:
>
> def candp(fobj, tobj, REQUEST):
>   "Copy and paste"
>
>   ids = fobj.objectIds()
>   if not ids:
>     return
>   cdata = fobj.manage_copyObjects(ids)
>   tobj.manage_pasteObjects(cdata, REQUEST)

I made these changes, and modified my DTML to be:
<dtml-call "candp(fobj, this(), REQUEST)">

I'm getting the same error (one or more items not found). Here's the end of
the traceback...

  File C:\Program Files\Byproducts\lib\python\DocumentTemplate\DT_Util.py,
line 315, in eval
    (Object: candp(fobj, this(), REQUEST))
  File &lt;string&gt;, line 0, in ?
  File C:\Program
Files\Byproducts\lib\python\Products\ExternalMethod\ExternalMethod.py, line
246, in __call__
    (Object: candp)
    (Info: ((&lt;Folder instance at 0168AF70&gt;, &lt;KMArticle instance at
01747F30&gt;,
[big REQUEST object deleted]
  File C:\Program Files\Byproducts\Extensions\art.py, line 28, in candp
    (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
  File C:\Program Files\Byproducts\lib\python\OFS\CopySupport.py, line 198,
in manage_pasteObjects
    (Object: CatalogAware)
Copy Error: (see above)

Anything else to try?