[Zope-dev] Speed..

Robert Leftwich robert@leftfieldcorp.com
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 23:53:37 +1000

The answer lies in the hosts file - it is missing on Win95 machines and
when running standalone, ZopeHTTPServer needs to lookup the address of
the localhost for logging if I remember correctly.
You need to add a HOSTS. file to your C:\WINDOWS directory. There should
already be a HOSTS.SAM there, which is a sample file that contains an
entry for localhost, copy that to HOSTS. (i.e. no extension) and see if
it improves the performance.

Robert Leftwich