[Zope-dev] Beat 5 Lockup!

Jason Spisak webmaster@mtear.com
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 09:54:37 -0800

Jim,

> Did you try making other browser requests while this was happening?
> For example, did ou click the stop button and try to visit another page
> or to visit another page from another browser window?

Yes, I tried to visit it from two completely separate machines.
Yes, I click stop/esc key, and tried clicking on another link, but to no avail.

> Do you remember anything about what you were doing before this happened?

Tough one.  I was managing objects.  Making revisions.  I had done a
pack, but that was about an hour prior, and I had been working on it
constantly since that.

> How long had Zope been running?
2 1/2 days

>What sorts of objects were you using?
I was managing ZClass constructors and objects in my ZClasses in Products.

> Was the Zope process consuming significant CPU while it was not responding?
I screwed this one up.  I hit the keyboard interupt after about five
minutes of trying different ways to get a responce.

Is there any other things pseides the process data that I can check
while this is happening next time?

Jason Spisak