[Zope-dev] Creating and pasting to a ZClass within a single transaction does not work

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 15:46:26 -0400

Hi,

    Last week, there was an exchange going on because I was having trouble
copying and pasting in DTML (or Python) from a Folder to a ZClass instance.
The thread started with
http://www.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/1999-August/001248.html

    It looks like the problem is that I was creating the ZClass instance and
doing the copy/paste operation all at once. If I use one DTML method to
create the new objects, and then a second method to do the copy/paste,
everything works just fine.

    Should there be a problem pasting objects to a new object within the
same transaction?

Kevin