[Zope-dev] Zope Bug #432 Can't Add ZClass in Product Management

Mark Millikan mmillikan@vfa.com
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 12:48:38 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Zopists:

I noticed a bug report (number and name as per subject) that sounds
like the same problem I have found: If the 'XMLDocument' product is in
the .../Products/ directory attempts to add a ZClass to a product
fail.

Editing the XMLDocument/__init__.py files initialize method so that
context.registerBaseClass is only called once (for
XMLDocument.XMLDocument) allows ZClasses to be added to a product.

I don't think this is due to particulars of the XMLDocument product,
In a product I am working on the presence of more than one
'context.registerBaseClass' call in the 'initialize; method also
causes problems.

The behavior is the same under both zope 2.0.0b4 and b5 on
redhat/mandrake 6.0 with kernel 2.2.9.

Should it be possible to register more than one python base class in a
single product?