[Zope-dev] Re: GUF/user authentication scalability

Stuart 'Zen' Bishop zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 21:19:36 +1100 (EST)

On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, TFE MMS JARVIS JOHN wrote:

> I have a site that I'm trying to set up that needs to authenticate
> some 2,600+ users from a database. When I first tried out GUF, I found
> it horribly slow. After poking around for a while, I found that the
> cause of this was the calls to getUserNames from getUsers and getUser
> which are called by BasicUserFolder.validate.

Ahh.... BasicAuthentication. Its nice to know it works at all -
I forgot to test this bit. Just calling BasicUserFolder.validate
was supposed to be a quick hack until I finished cookie authentication :-)

> This is getting too long. Here's a diff against GenericUserFolder.py
> from version 1.0.4. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't try this on a
> production server! Domains and who knows what else are broken.
> And I could be absolutely looney!

I'll look this over tomorrow - ta.

--
 ___