[Zope-dev] RE: COOLEDIT: changing type

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 14:13:06 -0500

This was needed to find xmlrpclib, since I then had to patch and include
xmlrpclib with global.py, it is no longer needed, you can just whack it
and put the included (patched) xmlrpclib in the same dir as global.py
(usual ~/.cedit/)

> There is an obvious spelling mistake in line 84
> it says:
>  key("x", ControlMask, "open_zope__resource()")
> but line 42 defines
> def zope_open_resource()

oops.  but ... uhm... it's not in my file.  wierd.  Jus take out the
extra underscore.

> Now, after putting xmlrpc.py in the appropriate spot
> I get a message on opening cooledit
> that says
> File "/home/jpenny/.cedit/global.py", line 8, in ?
>    import xmlprclib
> File "/home/jpenny/.cedit/xmlrpclib.py", line 54, in ?
>    import operator, string, time
> ImportError: /usr/lib/python1.5/lib-dynload/operato.so:
> undefined symbol: _Py_NoneStruct

Uhh... are you using Python 1.5.2?  It's a mystery to me otherwise....

> If I strike ctrl-x in the window nothing happens.

Before any of this stuff work, you have to run 'Comand' 'Reload Python
Scripts'.  I don't know why, I assume it's a bug.  Note that all the key
binding and menus are completely arbirary, I hope to colaborate a bit
with the author of cooledit to make things more zopeishly cool.

> But, if I got to Command/Reload Python Scripts, control-x
> gives the expected dialog box.
> File "<string>", line 1 in ?
>    None
> File "/home/jpenny/.cedit/global.py", line 51, in zope_open_resource
>    conn = xmlrpclib.Server(url, user, passw)
> AttributeError: Server

This is probably because your xmlrpclib is acting strangely.

-Michel