[Zope-dev] how to install a method hook

Jepthte CLAIN minf7@educ.univ-reunion.fr
Fri, 03 Dec 1999 10:26:28 +0400

--------------FEF2DBEDF9C131F159B0EB0B

Hello,

here is the 'problem': I want to write support for french dates and
various other stuff in my zope installation.

Until now, i've always patched zope, but it proves to be a pain to patch
my installation each time a release is out.

for now, I want to write a product that 'replace' some common objects by
a my custom objects.

For example, I derived DateTime to provide french date display and
input. I would like to 'replace' (in term of acquisition) the toplevel
Application.ZopeTime with my own ZopeTime (instance of DateTimeFr)

For now, I have written a custon Folder which has a ZopeTime method,
returning an instance of DateTimeFr
All object under such a folder get the new ZopeTime thanks to
acquisition.

But I would like to replace ZopeTime for the toplevel folder too.

<---------- the actual question ------------>
could I do this with the legacy methods of context.RegisterClass ?
If I install a product that register ZopeTime legacy methods, will it
'replace' the toplevel ZopeTime? I read the source, but it unclear to me
if it will work that way

If it work that way, I could do a Locale_fr product which replace the
locale sensitive objects with custom ones.

Are there any other ways to do this?

please cc to my address as I'm not on the list
--
Regards,

Jephte CLAIN
minf7@educ.univ-reunion.fr
--------------FEF2DBEDF9C131F159B0EB0B

begin:vcard
n:CLAIN;Jephte
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1
email;internet:minf7@educ.univ-reunion.fr
adr;quoted-printable:;;71 rue Lory les Hauts=0D=0AAppt 16;Ste Clotilde;;97490;
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Jephte CLAIN
end:vcard

--------------FEF2DBEDF9C131F159B0EB0B--