[Zope-dev] NOTICE about linux 2.1.0 binary, was: problems running 2.1.0 fin al al

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 14:23:48 -0500

> I have the same trouble trying to install the XMLDocument
> product.  My guess is
> that somebody upgraded to a glibc2.1 system (e.g., RH 6.0)
> and built the Linux
> binaries (the .so files) there.

We recently had to rebuild the binaries for the linux dist.
(for all of them actually, to make sure that _localemodule
was included by default). At the time, I didn't realize that
the dev. machine had been "upgraded" to glibc2.1 :(

The upshot is that the linux binary currently on the website
is currently only usable for RH 6.0 users. If you _must_
upgrade before Monday and you are on 5.x, you will want to get
the source distribution and build it yourself.

Monday we will get the binaries for the linux binary dist.
rebuilt on a 5.x machine and do some testing. Then I'll
update the release on the site and we'll hopefully have a
binary that's good for both 5.x and 6.x.

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909