[Zope-dev] "Constrained" ZClasses

Lalo Martins lalo@webcom.com
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 18:02:05 -0200

On Wed, Dec 08, 1999 at 02:55:34PM -0500, Brian Lloyd wrote:

>   o Site Objects - will make it easier to deploy "virtual sites"
>     in the same Zope with far less effort than is required now.

I was munching on this for a week at least, but didn't post due
to other, more pressing issues. But...

I would really like to be able to ``isolate'' a ZClass. I mean,
develop it for one customer and not make it available for the
others. It's not as much a commercial problem, as it is a
problem of having the ``Add'' select box popping up 2 or 3
pages of stuff that is completely useless for most customers.

Right now I'm considering radical approaches like deleting the
factories and building the objects using specialized methods
instead of the management interface. But it would be great if
Zope 2.2 allowed ``constrained'' ZClasses (or factories, at
least).

(Yes, I could just tweak the permissions, but that would be a
kludge. What I really want is to give each customer ``manager''
role on her folder and not think about it again.)

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----
                 Resistance is futile.