[Zope-dev] request: FTP

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 16:50:31 -0500

What happens though when the HTTP side of Zope supports multi-hosting
(as it will in 2.2) and the FTP side doesn't?  When you start putting
protocol specific widgets at the application layer (which is supposed to
protocol independant) expect to be bitten somewhere, at some time.  I
would love to be able to, for example, detect when a method is being
called by XML-RPC instead of HTTP, but it just can't be done, and it
*shouldn't* be done, because all information pertaining to the protocol
should be abstracted out at the application.

-Michel